HUNTSVILLE, AL., September 14, 2015 – This year’s Huntsville / Madison County Chamber of Commerce annual Small Business Awards event was held on September 11th, 2015. The black tie event celebrated 30 years of supporting and recognizing individuals and businesses that make a positive impact on our community. The celebration brought together over 800 of the community’s leading small businesses, entrepreneurs, young professionals, non-profits, and the Huntsville/Madison County leadership.
A panel of judges provided by University of Northern Iowa Regional Business Center & Entrepreneurial Outreach determined this year’s winners, without knowledge of the names of the nominees.
Secure Destruction Service won the prestigious award for Small Business of the Year, 1 – 50 employees. CEO Bart Justice was presented with the award by last year’s winner, Byron Headrick of LEAN Frog. It was an exciting occasion all who were in attendance.
Other Notable Winners:
- Young Professional Award of the Year – Dr. Laurentis Barnett
- Nonprofit of the Year – Still Serving Veterans
- Small Business of the Year, 51-250 Employees – PROJECTXYZ
- Small Business of the Year, Technology Services, 1-50 Employees – Sharp Communication
- Small Business of the Year, Manufacturing, 1-50 Employees – Watring Technologies
- Emerging Business of the Year – H2L Solutions
- Small Business of the Year, Government Contractor, Business & Professional Services, 1-50 Employees – BID Designs
- Small Business of the Year, Government Contractor, Technology Services, 1-50 Employees – nou Systems
- Russell G. Brown Executive Leadership Award of the Year – Jeff Gronberg of deciBel